Hi Reno,

The error messages you get there don't make sense to me. It finds the api in
so the ARTS_BUILD_PATH settings seem to be okay. No clue why directly
afterwards it fails. I have the suspicion that something got mixed up in your
typhon installation. Also, before rebuilding the documentation after updating
typhon run 'make clean'. Otherwise sphinx might get confused with leftover
files from an older build.

Is this the current master branch version of typhon or did you download the
latest stable release? For the arts-api it is best to use the latest
development version of typhon since it is a very new and experimental feature.

Try to make a clean installation of typhon with the current github master

1) Checkout out the latest version (make sure there is no typhon directory in
the current directory):

git clone https://github.com/atmtools/typhon.git

2) Then install it using pip as a development version. I strongly advise
against installing python packages with 'python setup.py install' into your
system path. There is no clean way of getting rid of them again despite
removing the files manually. Also, on every update of the source code, you need
to reinstall the package. It is much better to use pip to install it as a
development version. This way only a link to your source directory is created
in the python site-packages directory and you can be sure that you're always
using the current checked out version of typhon. The --user option is also a
good way to not mess with your system installation. It installs the package
into your home directory.

In the typhon directory run:

pip install --user --no-deps -e .

Then, outside the typhon directory run:

python3 -c "import typhon;print(typhon.__path__)"

This should output the path to the directory where you cloned the typhon

Hope this helps.

P.S.: The best way to keep a clean Python installation is to use the Anaconda
Platform. It gives you a way to install a complete Python environment in a
standalone directory, provides a very good package manager and comes with
hundreds of prebuilt packages. The command-line installer is very easy to use.
And the conda package manager makes it easy to keep your python installation up
to date. Maybe give it a try: https://www.anaconda.com/download/

typhon.mi mailing list