"Eric Sendelbach" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I am hosting my blog on Textdrive and they have a 48 meg limit on
> process usage. After that it just gets whacked. On a fresh restart
> with Typo 4.0.0 its SIZE is 36016K and its RES is 33452K. A couple
> hits on the main page tack on around 4 more megs and about 90% of the
> time just editing an article will push it over the top. Pre 4.0.0 I
> was running on trunk and did not experience this problem. Maybe I was
> hovering at the limit and didn't realize it. My install of Typo is
> sitting behind lighttpd/fastcgi.
>
> Does anybody on the list know if turning off or abstaining from the
> use of certain features will help relieve how much memory is consumed?
> In the spirit of Piers' email to look at more mid/long term goals, I
> think that memory consumption is definitely something that could be
> looked at, at least to offer some way of working with a lighter memory
> footprint.

I could be wrong (and I probably am, but we don't have any
particualrly great tools for investigating this), but I think Scott's
changes to the filter chain and caching have got rid of the big memory
leak, but the new, highly inclusive optimized SQL for getting content
which tends to pull in the world right at the start (reducing the hits
on the database, no bad thing) means that the process gets very big
rather quickly, but then doesn't get a great deal bigger after that.

I don't think it's going to slim down very much I'm afraid.

--
Piers Cawley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.bofh.org.uk/