Hi,

You will need an extension for this, but I wouldn't know if there is one that does exactly that. There are a few rather old extensions that do something like that, but you may have to fix them up before use: gp_notification and kc_emailnotification

The extension should either hook into the news and/or list modules, or keep track of the syslog using a cronjob, because all changes to records made in the backend are logged there.

Loek