Hi, Riccardo.

This configuration works fine everywhere, except... the home page, where
the language menu:

Still has this behavior: when I am in italian (L=0):

<ul class="clearer clearfix" id="langMenu">
</ul>

When I switch to english:

<ul  id="langMenu" class="clearer clearfix">
</ul>

I walked through your configuration and can't see any issues there...
Maybe, try to disable and see at links, that your language menu generates at the home page? Check, if L-param passed then correctly. The only dirty solution, that I see - just use condition for a home page and put there static menu, since links will be always same anyway.