Hi, Ahmed.

The problem I have is that after I have created the skelton structure of
the extension using kick starter and I have added a few records in the
backend the uid of the record is always on the left, and any other fields
from the database table I select to show are always on the right, I would
like to be able to show one of the description fields on the left before
the uid for completetion sake. I have attached a screen shot of the issue.

I can't understand, what do you mean by "on the left" and "on the right". Attachements are not available in mailing lists, so post your screenshot somewhere and give us a link ;)