Hi Chanda and Jan,

There is also a different approach: remove the shortcut page 'home' entirely and prepend a link to the site-root home page to the menu.

Some examples:

globalMenu {
        stdWrap.preCObject = TEXT
        stdWrap.preCObject {
                typolink.parameter = {$pages.home}
                wrap.cObject = TEXT
                wrap.cObject {
                        value = <span class="active">|</span>
                        if.value = {$pages.home}
                        if.equals.data = TSFE:id
                }
        }

where {$pages.home} is of course a constant with the id of the site root page.

Or a different implementation in an old thread here:
http://lists.typo3.org/pipermail/typo3-english/2007-July/040998.html

I like it because I don't like spreading the Typoscript templates all over the page tree. It also avoids the additional realurl issues and you don't have that double home page.

Loek