Hi Dominic,

Did you add [$tableName]['ctrl']['searchFields'] to the TCA of your extension? Starting from TYPO3 4.6 the BE-search does not work by default on every table. By default, it searches uid and pid for admin-users only, for other fields and other users you have to set 'searchFields'.

Also make sure you set 'eval' => 'int' for fields you want to search as integer values (often you'll have string fields containing integer values).

Hth,
Loek