Hi,

On 16/09/2016 18:11, "HocomAdvies [ 🌷 Wiechert Hooghwinkel ]" wrote:
Solved the error myself. If you have access to the server which runs
mysql-server. Than you might adapt the file my.cnf  by commenting out
the line:

sql_mode=NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION,STRICT_TRANS_TABLES

and restart the mysql server.

In this case it's the STRICT_TRANS_TABLES that causes the problem. Newer releases of MySQL (and MariaDB) have this setting active by default. I personally find the behaviour rather strange. The error complains that a TEXT field doesn't have a default value, but it's also not possible to set a default value for TEXT/BLOB columns. The "solution" seems to be to explicitly set a value for each TEXT/BLOB column when inserting a record. TYPO3 doesn't perform such actions, so for the time being it's best to turn STRICT_TRANS_TABLES off.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!