A while ago i was tasked to write a Typo3 extension to write so called .conf files for the icinga2 montoring tool (has nothing to do with Typo3). Still let me explain some parts of it: Basically the backend user needs to create records of records of specific classes and set values for each records properties. Then i need to process the records to create these .conf files with the specific values with a php script.
I was tasked to use the scheduler in Typo3 for this. And here come the
problems: How do i use this? I checked the documentation
(https://docs.typo3.org/typo3cms/extensions/scheduler/Introduction/Index.html),
but i still can't wrap my head around how to use it for my task. I can easily
write an Action in a controller of a class to be executed in the frontend and
in turn generate the con files... basically manually without the scheduler. But
where do i put my php code to be run by the scheduler? I somehow seem not to
understand the basical principle of the scheduler. Can i just run an Action of
a specific controller of a class of my extension like i would in the Frontend
via the scheduler?