On Sep 18, 2026, at 12:18 PM, arjunvedbrat--- via tz <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello,
> If you haven't seen it yet, there's this thread for Windows: 
> https://lists.iana.org/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/thread/5X3MRTXLPJ6SDFBRAMNLL56GX7LSL5HI/

There's "British Columbia is going to UTC-07:00 all year" and there's "British 
Columbia chose 'PCT' as the abbreviation for their time".

The thread above discusses the former, not the latter. That change is already 
in the tzdb as of tzdb-2026b, released 4 months ago.

The latter is *not* in the current tzdb. There has been some discussion about 
that; I'll let Paul Eggert sum it up if he chooses.

> There's also this one 
> https://lists.iana.org/hyperkitty/list/[email protected]/thread/BDJE2JVAMXGLWND76D5XSKEMRGMCAZ4B/
>  regarding Manitoba.

Yes, that's a message to this list from about 3 days ago. That's not in the 
current tzdb.

> I'm new here, so entirely possible I'm misunderstanding how this works 
> (please correct me if I'm wrong!), but either moving America/Vancouver to 
> UTC-7 year-round per that change or creating something new (e.g., America/BC) 
> for it seems necessary for folks needing a time zone for BC?

The first of those was done for the current tzdb release, so America/Vancouver 
still works.

Reply via email to