On 04/27/2013 05:35 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi Michal,
>
> On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 1:30 AM, Michal Simek <mon...@monstr.eu> wrote:
>> Hi Simon,
>>
>> here is also one small problem if you want to use patman just for one patch
>> then cover letter contains 0/1 but patch itself doesn't contain 1/1.
>>
>> I think will be good to just add 1/1 to patch too.
>>
>> Generated by:
>> ./tools/patman/patman -c 1
>
> Possibly, although here patman is just using 'git format-patch' to
> create the initial patch file.

It is just to call "git format-patch -n" instead of git format-patch
all the time. For more that one patch is -n used all the time.

> There is a 'Series-notes:' tag for adding notes to the cover letter. I
> wonder if we should add a way to add text below the cut in a patch?

Isn't it already done - if you just add text below "---"?

> Then in the case where you only have one patch you might not need a
> cover letter.

I would prefer to support both option. If you have one patch you can
add notes below "---" or just create cover letter.
Developer should choose which way is better for his case.

Thanks,
Michal

--
Michal Simek, Ing. (M.Eng), OpenPGP -> KeyID: FE3D1F91
w: www.monstr.eu p: +42-0-721842854