On 06/25/2013 10:38 PM, Sascha Silbe wrote:
Sebastian Hesselbarth<sebastian.hesselba...@gmail.com>  writes:
[...]
I was under the impression that you resent the patches because you have
a CuBox you want to get supported.

Exactly. I'd like to see support for CuBox enter mainline
U-Boot. However, there's also a limit to the amount of time I can afford
to spend on it (both per week and in total). TBH, I would have hoped the
_vendor_ (SolidRun) would take a more active role in this. For that
reason I'm now going to evaluate a Wandboard Quad, where more effort
seems to get spent on upstreaming (not to mention that the schematics
are available, which makes working on board support a lot easier). When
I ordered the CuBox Pro, the then-existing Wandboard variants (Solo and
DualLite) lacked SATA support, but the Quad meets my requirements.

From what I know, Rabeeh would love to add support for CuBox to u-boot.
But I guess his spare time is very limited, too.

Naming was the main discussion of this patch set back then, there have
been some "???" on the mpp stuff. I suggested  several times not to use
"mv" as I knew that Marvell PXA also uses "mv" as prefix all over.

The PXA SPI controller is based on different IP. Unfortunately PXA
naming is not consitent over SoCs, Dove is also nick-named PXA510
sometimes.

Actually, we are merging Orion SoCs and Armada 370/XP to mach-mvebu -
so the best name would be mvebu_spi as the spi controller is also in
Armada 370/XP.

You're confusing me even more than I already was. :)

It's probably best to leave this reorganisation to someone else who
better knows the relationships between the several SoC families from
Marvell.

Linux has some good overview of the non-PXA Marvell SoCs. Naming is
a mess and IP is reused often. But from what I can say, Orion matches
Dove, Kirkwood, Orion5x, and Discovery Innovation (mv78x00). Armada
370/XP share some of the peripheral IP but especially irq is different.

With respect to SPI, mvebu (Orion + Armada 370/XP) maybe matches best
as it is used in all of them with minor differences. PXA type SoCs use
a different IP for SPI.

[...]
Uhm, did you forget to send code?

No, I was holding back until I knew whether you still feel comfortable
being associated with the patches. I'll send them out now.

Ok, I will try to give it a review at least.

Sebastian