Hi Tom,

On 10/31/2013 07:31 PM, Tom Rini wrote:

On 10/31/2013 05:56 AM, myan wrote:

Will this go into master in this merge window ?

And I noticed there are some changes to common do_bootm, which
reqiures adjustment to vxworks subcommand handling code, do I need
to rebase and resend the patches ? Thanks.

Yes, it can come in, I just have been a bit busy and getting behind on
collecting up patches.  If you can re-base and re-test things I'd
appreciate it, thanks!

I re-tested against master but found a problem. In commit
"5c427e4: use BOOTM_STATE_OS_CMDLINE flag for plain bootm" and "3d187b3: Only pass BOOTM_STATE_OS_CMDLINE on PowerPC/MIPS", BOOTM_STATE_OS_CMLINE was added to do_bootm for PowerPC and MIPS. This breaks other OSes (vxworks, netbsd, plan9,...) that don't support subcommand processing, e.g. they all contain the following code in their do_bootm_xxx():

if (flag & BOOTM_STATE_OS_PREP)
        return 0;
if ((flag != 0) && (flag != BOOTM_STATE_OS_GO))
        return 1;

which will result a "subcommand not supported" error. IMO, the above code should be converted to something like this:

/* if not go command, pretend everything to be OK */
if (flag != BOOTM_STATE_OS_GO)
    return 0;

And if you are OK with it, I could send patches to clean them up. Thanks.

Miao