On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:07 PM, Wolfgang Denk <w...@denx.de> wrote:
> Dear tiger...@viatech.com.cn,
>
> In message <fe7aded5c2218b4786c09cd97dc4c49fd12...@exchbj02.viatech.com.bj>
> you wrote:
>>
>> CROSS_COMPILE=/home/lion/ARMv8/gcc-linaro-aarch64/bin/aarch64-linux-gnu-
>
> Side note:
>
> It is always wrong to use an absolute path name for CROSS_COMPILE.
> You should use "CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu-" and make sure your
> PATH is set correctly.

Actually, I also give the full path name when defining CROSS_COMPILER
variable. This is because I find myself juggling between different
compilers, located in different locations for the same build (personal
experimentation). Is there some dependency on the PATH variable that
I'm missing? Or is this just convention?

-Abraham V.