On 04/04/2014 11:25 AM, Stefano Babic wrote:
Hi Helmut,

On 04/04/2014 01:13, Simon Glass wrote:

1) add option to 'go' command, which is hard as it has variable arguments
2) add another go command
3) use an environment variable to set the option for 'go'

Theoretically I could use a u-boot image to encapsulate the second u-boot
and use 'bootm', but I think I'll stumble over the same kind of questions.

There is already 'dcache off' but I wonder if something like 'go prepare'
would be useful? Another option is that bootm has a prepare state, but it
requires an image.
I agree with Simon. If you have not changed your target, you are using a
MX31 and what cleanup_linux for arm1136 does is turning off the caches.
What about if you turn off i-cache and d-cache in einem script before
the go command ?

Best regards,
Stefano

Hi Stefano,

cleanup_before_linux() also disables interrupts and flushes the cache(s).
Simply turning off the caches did not do the trick.

Using 'go prepare' would be a solution as the 2nd argument should be an address (i.e. numeric) in any case.

Thx,
Helmut

--
Scanned by MailScanner.