On 04/11/14 14:02, Marek Vasut wrote:
>> Existing code relied on boolean value returned from
>> usb_cable_connected(), but there was no way to signal that it's
>> impossible to tell whether cable is connected or not. If you prefer an
>> enum with USBCNT_DONTKNOW as a return value, make a decision.
>
> Did I say anything about "USBCNT_DONTKNOW" above please?
>
> Sorry, I also lost context of this thread as it was dead for more than a
> month.

As I described on the IRC. We've got to have a way to signal U-Boot code
that our hardware isn't capable of knowing if cable is connected, thus
#ifdef all related code or introduce 3-valued enum.

>>> The whole patchset is a mix of completely unrelated things which should
>>> go through different trees. Can the patchset be reordered/split in some
>>> reasonable chunks ? There are fixes which should go in immediatelly and
>>> then features which should go in for -next.
>>
>> Not exactly unrelated, most of it should be applied in this particular
>> order. It would be less chaotic had it been accepted in one piece.
>
> Please elaborate why can the fixes not go first and features second. Thank
> you.

It's because of silly relationships between some of these patches. ie.
am335x SPL build process just blew (too little ROM), leaving its
codebase in unbisectable state, after I added some more code to DFU
implementation. am335x's SPL had to be disabled first, and I consider it
a change on the feature list.

I've reordered the fixes I could, but I guess it doesn't matter anymore,
now that -next is out.

Please ack applicable USB patches on the next patchset version or
propose a different solution.

Mateusz Zalega
Samsung R&D Institute Poland