On 08/15/2014 10:13 AM, Simon Glass wrote:
Hi Stephen,

On 15 August 2014 09:46, Stephen Warren <swar...@wwwdotorg.org> wrote:

On 08/14/2014 05:35 PM, Simon Glass wrote:

Since buildman now includes most of the features of MAKEALL it is probably
time to talk about deprecating MAKEALL.

I guess I don't care too much, but I would like to point out that when I
mentioned the annoyance of having to change my scripts:

from:
make ARCH=arm jetson_tk1_config

to:
make ARCH=arm jetson_tk1_defconfig

... together with having to detect which version to use since different U-Boot commits
required a difference command,  one of the answers was that "MAKEALL
jetson_tk1" still worked the same on both old and new git commits, and could be used
as a replacement. This patch would invalidate that.

Well I suppose you could use:

    ./tools/buildman/buildman jetson_tk1

to get the same effect.

True, although that command has been available for a much shorter time than MAKEALL...

Replacing the MAKEALL script body with a call to buildman might solve that? I'm not sure that buildman puts the build results in the same place.

But like I said, I'm not too worried about this personally, so there's probably no need to change anything.