Hi,

On 22-12-14 15:19, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Fri, 2014-12-19 at 17:55 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
Hi,

On 18-12-14 20:12, Ian Campbell wrote:
On Tue, 2014-12-16 at 21:31 +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
The sun8i boot0 code fills the DRAM with a "random" pattern before comparing
it at different offsets to do columns, etc. detection. The sun6i boot0 code
does not do it, but it seems like a good idea to do this regardless.

Is this the right way round?

Yes, while working on the sun8i code I noticed that it was prefilling memory
before doing wrap-around checks like the sun6i code is doing too, and then I
realized that the sun6i code was relying on whatever is in DRAM being random
enough for its wrap-around tests to work, without ensuring it is random
enough.

The existing sun6i code (which you are
moving here) seems to _rely_ on something having written a useful
pattern, which I would have assumed to have been boot0. Or else how does
it work now? Chance?

Yep, it purely works by chance so far.

"excellent". Can you mention that in the commit message please.

Done.

With that: Acked-by: Ian Campbell <i...@hellion.org.uk>

Thanks, the now fully acked sun8i support patch-set has been pushed to
u-boot-sunxi/next .

Thanks for all the reviews!

Regards,

Hans