On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 11:09 +0200, Heiko Schocher wrote:
> Hello André,
>
> sorry for the late reply, I was on vacation ...
>
> André Schwarz wrote:
> > this issue looks still unfixed and is somewhat annoying.
>
> Seems that this fix didn;t find the way in mainline.

What fix ? removing the _weak_ attribute ?

> > Im unable to use show_boot_progress with this weak definition in
> > include/common.h.
> >
> > Simply re-defining the prototype in my local repo is not reasonable.
>
> Hmm... as I can remember, the patch I posted solved it on my boards
> on which I tried it ...

removing the weak definition works for me ... but of course I don't want
to need an extra patch. It should simply work out-of-the-box.

> > How did you solve it ?
>
> With the Patch I posted ... I try it with actual code
> tomorrow again ...

yes, please.

Regards,
André

> bye
> Heiko

MATRIX VISION GmbH, Talstra�e 16, DE-71570 Oppenweiler
Gesch�ftsf�hrer: Gerhard Thullner, Werner Armingeon, Uwe Furtner, Hans-Joachim
Reich