Dear "Wouter Eckhardt",

In message <4cd35cd1f8085945b597f80eec8942130348d...@exc01.bk.prodrive.nl> you
wrote:

> I've been busy getting a custom PPC440GX board to boot U-Boot. I started
> with a U-Boot (version 1.3.2) based on the ALPR board and the ELDK 4.0
> toolchain.
>
> I got all that working and now I trying to move up to a newer version of
> U-Boot and a newer toolchain (specifically: U-Boot 2009.03 and ELDK
> 4.2). After some twiddling of defines in my config file I got following
> compiler error:

> p3x440.c:88: warning: unused variable 'reg'
> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:130: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0sr
> {standard input}:135: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0er
> {standard input}:137: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0cr
> {standard input}:142: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0pr
> {standard input}:147: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0tr
> {standard input}:152: Error: unsupported relocation against uicb0vr
> The offending piece of code is this:

No, this is not the related source code. If you look at it, you will
notice that it does not include an "uicb" string at all.

I think You have a typo somewhere in your source. Search and replace
all "uicb0" strings by "uic0" and try again.

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
"Love your country but never trust its government."
- from a hand-painted road sign in central Pennsylvania