Hello Simon,

Am 13.09.2016 um 07:18 schrieb Simon Glass:
This series moves all the CONFIG_SPL_..._SUPPORT options to Kconfig and
fixes up existing boards to continue to build.

It also adds a few small but useful features to moveconfig.

There is existing work going on in this area, so some of these patches may
be superseded. It has taken me a while to get this building cleanly. But I
have run out of time so want to get this out.

As mentioned on a recent thread [1] there is some confusion about whether an
option means enabling driver support or media support. Andrew's recent
series seems like a good vehicle to tidy that up. But I hope this series
will make it easier.

NOTE: in the v2 series I have tried to use common things in Kconfig to
reduce the diffs in the defconfig files. This has helped a fair bit. But it
is very error-prone and time consuming. Also I have had to add some
exceptions (disabling an option in specific board configs). Overall it was
not a pleasant experience :-(

There are a few strange features of this conversion. The main difficulty is
that some PowerPC boards do things like this in their board config file:

This means that TPL reuses the SPL options. We can't support this in Kconfig
so I have added a small number of CONFIG_TPL_xxx_SUPPORT options to cope
with this. This made the conversion more painful than it should have been.

A related issue is boards using a common header file and setting options only
for SPL:

This is not noticed by moveconfig so we have to clean it up manually. Also
there are a few incorrect things where Kconfig options are set with #define:

Finally, many defconfig files are not ordered correctly, resulting in larger
patches than we might like. It would be great to have a solution for this,
perhaps with buildman providing a warning. But it might slow down
development.

The series is fully build-tested (for bisectability) and causes no failures
for the boards that already pass. The following boards fail for me at
present on mainline (which I have not yet looked at):

01: buildman
   blackfin:  +   cm-bf527 bf609-ezkit bf537-stamp
      sparc:  +   grsim grsim_leon2 gr_cpci_ax2000 gr_xc3s_1500 gr_ep2s60
      nios2:  +   10m50 3c120
microblaze:  +   microblaze-generic
   openrisc:  +   openrisc-generic

[1] https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/661511/

Changes in v3:
- Move SPL_NET_VCI_STRING into the SPL Kconfig file also
- Rebase on master

Changes in v2:
- Add some notes on this option to moveconfig.py
- Improve the commit message and add one for resyncing with savedefconfig
- Add some notes on this option to moveconfig.py
- Add new patch to convert CONFIG_SPL_NET_VCI_STRING
- Drop CONFIG_SPL_PINCTRL_SUPPORT
- Lots of work to make use of common values across multiple boards
- Added a patch to change 'spear' CONFIGs to upper case

Simon Glass (45):
   Correct defconfigs using savedefconfig
   moveconfig: Add an option to skip prompts
   moveconfig: Add an option to commit changes
   Kconfig: Move SPL settings into their own file
   arm: fsl: Adjust ordering of #ifndef CONFIG_SPL_BUILD
   Drop CONFIG_SPL_RAM_SUPPORT
   Use separate options for TPL support
   Kconfig: spl: Add SPL support options to Kconfig
   Kconfig: tpl: Add some TPL support options to Kconfig
   Move existing use of CONFIG_SPL_DM to Kconfig
   Move existing use of CONFIG_SPL_RSA to Kconfig
   spear: Use upper case for CONFIG options
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_CRYPTO_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_HASH_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_DMA_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_DRIVERS_MISC_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_ENV_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_ETH_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_EXT_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_FAT_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_GPIO_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_I2C_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_LIBCOMMON_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_LIBDISK_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_LIBGENERIC_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_MMC_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_MPC8XXX_INIT_DDR_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_MTD_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_MUSB_NEW_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_NAND_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_NET_VCI_STRING to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_NET_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_NOR_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_ONENAND_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Remove CONFIG_SPL_PINCTRL_SUPPORT
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_POWER_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_SATA_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_SERIAL_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_SPI_FLASH_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_SPI_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_USBETH_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_USB_HOST_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_USB_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_WATCHDOG_SUPPORT to Kconfig
   Convert CONFIG_SPL_YMODEM_SUPPORT to Kconfig

Many thanks for this big work!

Do you have this patches in a git repo?
I want to test this patches with tbot testcase:
https://github.com/hsdenx/tbot/blob/master/src/tc/uboot/tc_uboot_check_kconfig.py

if this series does not break boards ...

bye,
Heiko