On 09/19/2016 09:22 AM, Tom Rini wrote:
On Mon, Sep 19, 2016 at 09:14:30AM -0600, Stephen Warren wrote:

Tom, Simon,

I'm seeing the following error when building sandbox in either
u-boot.git master branch or u-boot-dm.git master branch:

Error: You must add new CONFIG options using Kconfig
The following new ad-hoc CONFIG options were detected:
CONFIG_DISK
CONFIG_HAVE_GENERIC_BOARD
CONFIG_ROCKCHIP_3036_PINCTRL
CONFIG_ROCKCHIP_PINCTRL
CONFIG_SYS_HUSH_PARSER

Please add these via Kconfig instead. Find a suitable Kconfig
file and add a 'config' or 'menuconfig' option.
make[1]: *** [no_new_adhoc_configs_check] Error 1

This is from my Jenkins install, which does incremental builds. I
haven't yet checked whether non-incremental builds work any better.

So, non-incremental should be fine.  What's odd is that the above
options are long done from the tree.  So why are they persisting
somewhere?

I've found the issue. Dependencies are missing for u-boot.cfg, so it isn't getting rebuilt, and hence keeps references to old CONFIG options. I'll send patches after some testing.