I'm working on a board that uses a MX25L25735E spi-nor flash chip from
Macronix. This is a 32MB chip that uses 4-bytes for addressing.
Annoyingly this chip identifies the same as a MX25L25635F the only
difference appears to be the size reported (I don't actually have a
MX25L25635F so that statement is an educated guess based on the

What follows is a patch that gets the flash going on the board I'm
working on. But I am wondering if instead of a config option I should
follow more closely what Linux does and add and addr_width to struct
spi_flash which gets set based on the size detected.

Chris Packham (1):
  sf: support chips using 4-byte addressing

 drivers/mtd/spi/Kconfig       | 7 +++++++
 drivers/mtd/spi/sf_internal.h | 5 +++++
 drivers/mtd/spi/spi_flash.c   | 7 +++++++
 3 files changed, 19 insertions(+)