On 08/29/2017 02:17 PM, Rob Clark wrote:
On Tue, Aug 29, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Alexander Graf <ag...@suse.de> wrote:
On 08/29/2017 12:52 PM, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
On 08/27/2017 10:10 PM, Simon Glass wrote:
Hi Heinrich,

On 26 August 2017 at 16:51, Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.g...@gmx.de>
wrote:
This patch sequence contains all patches needed to load
iPXE and use it for downloading and executing images
via https or http or to mount iSCSI volumes.

Network speed on an Odroid C2 reached 30 MB/s which should be
enough for most use cases.

I have tested the following iPXE commands successfully
* dhcp
* route
* ntp
* sanhook iSCSI-target
* chain http-target
* kernel http-target
* boot (after calling kernel)
* exit
* reboot

The only adjustment in iPXE was adding file src/config/local/nap.h with
    #undef NAP_EFIX86
    #undef NAP_EFIARM
    #define NAP_NULL
and src/config/local/myscript.ipxe with
    #!ipxe
    shell
before building iPXE with
    make bin-arm64-efi/snp.efi EMBED=config/local/myscript.ipxe

The next task will be to put iXPE binaries on a server
and to create Travis CI test cases.
Some general comments on the series as a whole:

1. It really needs to have tests. This is a lot of new code in U-Boot,
and relying on travis CI test cases (which takes forever to run) is
not a good option. We have a 'make tests' target which you should hook
into, via the pytests framework. This runs in a minute or so. There is
quite a bit of documentation in test/py for this. It should be easy
enough to build up the data structures in sandbox and then test that
each function does what is expected.

2. Exported functions should be commented to describe their purpose,
arguments and return value. Non-trivial static functions should be
commented too.

Regards,
Simon

Hello Alex,

I think you meant to say Hello Simon?

testing the EFI API is only possible from an EFI program.

I suggest to build an EFI app selftest.efi like the helloworld.efi have.
I would add command
bootefi selftest.efi
to run the tests and provide the python wrapper code to add it to the
test suite.

I think that's a great idea, yes.
I wonder how far we are from running UEFI tests (either the official
ones, or I seem to remember hearing about some other test suite which
didn't require UEFI shell)?

Let's ask Leif, Ard and Dong.

The official test suite definitely needs the UEFI Shell. Is the suite publicly available by now?

That seems more useful long term than re-inventing comprehensive UEFI
test suite.  (Also, beyond just running shim/fallback/grub, I don't
really have time to invent new tests for the stack of efi_loader
patches I have.)

Yes and no - it depends on the availability of the official suite :/.

If there is a TODO list of what is required to get to the point where
we can run existing UEFI tests, I can try and pick off bits and pieces
here and there as I have time.

Let's ask the others :)

Alex