Yes i did that as I explained in my last message. And now it autoboots.

But why doesn't it autoboot without it?  Why is UART required to autoboot?

If I don't have that line in confg.txt I can manually boot with 'boot' 'run boot_cmd' without a problem. So it's not really problem with the boot itself. Just the automatic boot. And why doesn't the u-boot command prompt interpret the first command that is issued when enable_uart is disabled?

This seems like an issue that could be fixed.

/Göran Lundberg

On 2018-03-06 14:12, Alexander Graf wrote:
On 03/06/2018 01:55 PM, Jonathan Gray wrote:
On Mon, Mar 05, 2018 at 06:18:59PM +0000, Peter Robinson wrote:
Hi!
I'm trying to boot from u-boot on a Raspberry Pi 3. But for some reason
it
isn't autobooting on the SD-card.

Is it possible to get more debug output on the screen console? I don't
have
a serial console at the moment.
The output on the screen is:

Net:   No ehternet found.
starting USB...
USB:    Core Release 2.80a
scanning bus 0 for devices... 4 USB Devices found
         scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot:   0
U-Boot>

Shouldn't it mention mmc somewhere in the boot message?

The first command I type on the prompt is always failing, it's not
outputting anything. Just a new prompt on the next line. The next
commands i
type in are working. Which seems strange.
I got boot.scr set up right, except graphic settings which are wrong. It
is
booting the kernel when I type 'run bootcmd'. But only after I type in
another command before it.
It seems like it's not detecting the SD-card (mmc0) until I have typed
anything into the prompt.

Do I have to set any other env variable for it to autoboot? I would have
printed the output of printenv here, but since I don't have a serial
console, retyping everything is very time consuming.
printenv seems to have the right settings. It's basically a full console screen of variables. It just doesn't seem to load them until I type in
another command before it.

boot_targets=mmc0 usb0 pxe dhcp
Which seems right to me.

I compiled the latest u-boot from github.

If you need more info please let me know and I'll post it.

Hope that anyone can point me in the right direction here. Would really
appreciate it.
I'm seeing the same issues with 2018.03 rc3.

I'm not sure what the issue is and I've not had time to investigate it
further yet, but if you type "boot" and hit enter it should boot,
sometimes you actually have to type it twice. It will boot but I'm not
sure which bits here have causes this regression.

I do not see this at all on my RPi3. Maybe it's firmware version dependent?
Do you happen to have an image that always fails for you?
2018.03 rc3 with "2018-02-09" firmware (so fairly recent) fails for me.
2018.03 rc4 works fine on rpi_3 here with

Do you have enable_uart=1 in your config.txt? If you do, it works. If you don't, it fails :)

Alex

believed to be clean.