> On 3 Apr 2018, at 12:39, Icenowy Zheng <icen...@aosc.io> wrote:
>

> 于 2018年4月3日 GMT+08:00 下午6:13:17, Andre Przywara <andre.przyw...@arm.com
> <mailto:andre.przyw...@arm.com>> 写到:
>> Hi,

>> <maxime.rip...@bootlin.com> 写到:

>> memory
>> newer

>> write

>> by
>> 4G,

>> that
>> U-Boot
>> means it
>> ATF
>> could
>> of
>> function
>>>
>>> That would definitely make sense yes.
>>
>> So since the SPL loads the DT anyway (from the FIT image) and puts it
>> at
>> the end of the U-Boot (proper) binary, wouldn't it be the easiest to
>> just patch the actual DRAM size in there?
>> IIRC we don't have any FDT write code in the SPL at the moment, and
>> pulling it in would probably push it over the edge again, but:
>> We should be able to somewhat short-cut it, if it's just about to
>> actually *patch* an existing value, as of:
>> - make sure we have a memory node and a reg property in the DT
>> - in the SPL learn the fdt offset of that reg property
>> - <hack> patch in the memory size into the second word </hack>
>> - teach U-Boot proper to read the memory size from the DT
>> - optionally look at #address-cells and #size-cells to make this
>> "second
>> word hack" more robust
>>
>> This could actually be a rather generic patch, just with some "avoid
>> libfdt write library" hack to address our size issue. Maybe we already
>> have something like that for some platform (Rockchip comes to mind?)
>
> Rockchip recalculates the memory size with the parameters
> in GRF when running the main U-Boot, so both TPL/SPL
> and miniloader can load mainline U-Boot.

More accurately, the GRF currently is used to store an encoded DRAM
configuration and the next stage can rely on this being there.

If the memory is initialised by miniloader, U-Boot reads the GRF and calculates
the memory size from that.  If U-Boot sets up DRAM, then it also populates the
GRF registers.

With more and more SOCs moving away from miniloader, there’s a good chance
that this will change at some point in the future and the GRF may not
necessarily
be populated anymore.

—Philipp.