On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 13:03:47 +0300
Tuomas Tynkkynen <tuo...@tuxera.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexander,
>
> What do you think of these patches? I haven't done testing with the
> big kernels / DTBs yet, just that my previously-working kernel still
> boots.

I've now verified that these two patches work as expected. I tested:

- RPi 1 running mainline kernel
- RPi 1 running downstream kernel
- RPi 3 running mainline kernel in 64-bit mode
- RPi 3 running mainline kernel in 32-bit mode
- RPi 3 running downstream kernel in 32-bit mode
- RPi 3B+ running downstream kernel in 32-bit mode

This was with the extlinux.conf distro boot. I don't know to what
extent these variables affect EFI boot.