On 30.07.2018 14:36, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
Dear Simon,

In message <6bce9049-a812-d8e4-cd2a-4b86dccae...@de.pepperl-fuchs.com> you
wrote:

However, uncompression currently is only implemented for kernels, not
for other sub-images. This patch aims at updating the docs and the
current .its examples to what they do now.

Yes, but the current state should IMO not been taken as reference.
I don't have time ATM to achtually check with older versions, but
I'm pretty sure that that was handled correctly in the original FIT
implementation, and the examples made sense at the time they were
being written.  I suspect that later changes broke the code, so only
the code needs to be fixed.

In general for the image handling there should be no distinction at
all whether this is a kernel or ramdisk or FPGA or whatever image -
compression is a feature independent of the image type, and that's
how the code should handle it.

OK, so at least we all seem to have a common sense of how it should be :-)

I'd still argue that the standard example in 'multi.its' should have compression = "none" for the ramdisks.

Best regards,
Simon