Hi Philipp,

在 2019/2/12 下午9:54, Philipp Tomsich 写道:

On 12.02.2019, at 13:38, David Wu <david...@rock-chips.com> wrote:

Hi Philipp,

在 2019/2/10 上午2:24, Philipp Tomsich 写道:
That said, I have been fighting issues from this patchset when trying to read
from devices on the i2c0 bus on a RK3399—which had me add a “simple”
pinctrl device again, as pulling all the dependencies into the SPL is a pain.

I think you can also add the simple ops if necessary. Full pinctrl
should only be used at the U-boot stage, or the SPL stage where the TPL is
available.

For most boards about 3288, there is no need to enable pinctrl at SPL
stage, such as Tinker board.

Could you check whether TPL_MAX_SIZE and SPL_MAX_SIZE are correct for
the RK3288? If not, please submit a patch.

It is correct, 32KB.

Unfortunately, in this merge I had to make a judgement call between insisting
on code-quality and getting the full pinctrl-driver merged.  With this release
cycle being longer and having 5 RCs, I figured we’ll have time to iron out any
wrinkles...