Hi Chris,

On 18.02.19 23:23, Chris Packham wrote:
On Mon, Feb 18, 2019 at 8:13 PM Stefan Roese <s...@denx.de> wrote:

Hi Chris,

On 15.02.19 23:49, Chris Packham wrote:
For the time being the Armada MSYS SoCs need to use the bin_hdr from the
Marvell U-Boot. Because of this the binary.0 does not contain the image
header that a proper u-boot SPL would so the adjustment introduced by
commit 94084eea3bd3 ("tools: kwbimage: Fix dest addr") does not apply.

Thanks for the explanation. I'm wondering if it would be better (if
possible) to auto detect this situation of using a bin_hdr from Marvell
vs U-Boot SPL instead in this tool. This would help especially if we
have full DDR init support in mainline U-Boot for this SoC at some
time, as we then need to differentiate between those two options for
this SoC.

Would this be possible?

One way would be to check the filename, binary.0 means don't adjust it
whereas u-boot-spl.img does. I also considered modifying the process
to create binary.0 to prepend sizeof(image_header_t) bytes to allow it
to work but I went with the quickest option for me to implement.

If it's an acceptable solution the filename thing would be quite easy
to implement. Adding a flag or parameter in the kwbimage.cfg would
also be relatively easy.

I'm okay with using the filename to decide here. Please go ahead with
this change and perhaps add a warning / error, if none of the standard
names is provided (u-boot-spl.* vs binary.0).

Thanks,
Stefan