Hi Simon/Tom,

I am looking at the device_probe function in drivers/core/device.c

ret = uclass_pre_probe_device(dev);
        if (ret)
                goto fail;

        if (dev->parent && dev->parent->driver->child_pre_probe) {
                ret = dev->parent->driver->child_pre_probe(dev);
                if (ret)
                        goto fail;
        }

        if (drv->ofdata_to_platdata && dev_has_of_node(dev)) {
                ret = drv->ofdata_to_platdata(dev);
                if (ret)
                        goto fail;
        }

/* Process 'assigned-{clocks/clock-parents/clock-rates}' properties */
        ret = clk_set_defaults(dev);

In case of a device like MPU we would like setup voltage before setting the clocks and i was looking if we can have a pre_probe for a driver to do things before driver gets probed. Neither uclass_pre_probe_device nor dev->parent->driver->child_pre_probe benefit me in this case.

Does my situation warrant adding a new hook to struct driver? Or are there instances of such handling already in u-boot.

Thanks in Advance,
Keerthy