On 8/15/19 12:26 AM, Michal Simek wrote:
On 14. 08. 19 17:51, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 8/14/19 12:12 AM, Michal Simek wrote:
On 13. 08. 19 23:21, Stephen Warren wrote:
On 8/1/19 10:48 PM, Michal Simek wrote:
Test is using random command which has own Kconfig symbol CMD_RANDOM
which
already depends on CMD_MEMORY. That's why replace cmd_memory by
cmd_random.

This might not always be true; I think it'd be better to keep the
existing dependency list entries and just add CMD_RANDOM:

Can you please tell me when exactly? I didn't see that.

If in the future somebody changes the Kconfig file so that CMD_RANDOM
doesn't depend on or select CMD_MEMORY. It may well not be possible
right now; I just want to make sure the test doesn't rely on
implementation details of CMD_RANDOM/CMD_MEMORY; if it explicitly needs
both, it should simply depend on both.

Do you think that we have used this rule in past?

I hope so; I'd consider it a bug in a test if the test used a command but didn't explicitly depend on that command's CONFIG_ flag. We have had such bugs in the past, and fixed one or two of them.

Anyway I understand what you mean but it is questionable if make sense
to predict all changes which can happen.

It's more about the test explicitly specifying exactly what it depends on than predicting changes.

I would consider if anybody
remove this dependency without fixing test suite as bug which should be
fixed. Also tests should detect this and report issues to stop this
before patch like this is applied.

True, but people do forget such things.