Am 15.08.2019 um 18:34 schrieb Marek Vasut:
On 8/15/19 6:22 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
Hi Marek,

Am 24.07.2019 um 09:45 schrieb Simon Goldschmidt:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 9:31 AM Marek Vasut <ma...@denx.de> wrote:

On 7/23/19 10:27 PM, Simon Goldschmidt wrote:
This adds clk-gen5 as a readonly DM_CLK driver that can return
clocks for
the peripherals.

Further changes are:
- select DM_CLK for gen5 U-Boot and SPL
- add SPL tags to clock nodes in socfpga-common-u-boot.dtsi
- adjust socfpga.dtsi to provide missing src selection registers
- start 'handoff.dtsi' file for socrates (conatains clock speeds for
now)

These should likely be separate patches then ?

Well, in the end, yes. Especially the handoff.dtsi is required for *all*
socfpga_gen5 boards, so I'll need to adapt the 'qts-filter.sh' script to
generate it.

I'll change that script and separate these patches in v2.

I'm in the process of moving all of the 'qts' header files to devicetree
handoff.dtsi files. CLK and DDR are already working (pinmux/iocsr not
yet) - but I need to work a bit on DM memory consumption.

So now I'm faced with a question: in which driver do I implement the
pinmux control? From a DM point of view, it could be a UCLASS_PINCTRL
driver in 'drivers/pinctrl', but since it's more or less read-only
unless we'd get more details about the hardware, I'm a bit hesistant to
do it that way.

Also, the registers are in 'sysmgr', which is handled by the standard
"syscon" driver right now, so it could well get a UCLASS_SYSCON driver?

What do we need read-only pinmux driver for ? I would expect pinmux to
be more write-only, from the hardware perspective that is.

Well, I don't know. I just need a driver that can parse its dts subtree for the config instead of loading from the qts wrapper file. Then this driver needs to be probed at the appropriate place in SPL so that the pins are initialized.

My future plan is then that such a driver could be re-probed after loading some kind of dts overlay matching an FPGA image to be programmed (as that FPGA image can contain different pin settings, e.g. when using loan IO).

I'm just not familiar enough with pinctrl drivers or syscon drivers and could need some input on which direction to take this...

Does a syscon driver for that purpose sound better?

Thanks,
Simon

I'd appreciate your input on this, given the insight to the Altera
system you have!

Also, this (and holidays) are delaying this series (I want to put it all
together in once series), so this will have to wait until after
v2019.10, I guess?

We're already in RC2, so I think so.