On 8/22/19 11:03 AM, AKASHI Takahiro wrote:
Heinrich,

I'm now wondering whether LoadedImage's LoadOptions, which comes
from "bootargs" variable, should contain a command(application) name
as a first argument or not.

When I tried some efi application (efitools), I found that it expected
so. For example, efitools' UpdateVars.efi takes
     Usage: UpdateVars.efi: [-g guid] [-a] [-e] [-b] var file

and I had to passed arguments by specifying "foo db DB.auth" for
"bootargs" where foo makes no sense.

What do you think about this issue?

Do you relate to
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/efitools.git?

This style of parsing LoadOptions is defined by the EFI shell. See
function ParseCommandLineToArgs() in
ShellPkg/Application/Shell/ShellParametersProtocol.c.

If UpdateVars.efi would work differently it could not be launched via
the shell.

Best regards

Heinrich