On Mon, Oct 19, 2020 at 11:59:22PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 10/19/20 11:50 PM, Reuben Dowle wrote:
> > The alignment of 8 bytes would also work if code was expecting 4 byte
> > alignment. So the explanation you give for reverting this does not make
> > sense to me.
>
> Well, since U-Boot 2020.10-rc5, any STM32MP1 board does no longer boot
> and if I revert this patch, it works again (per git bisect). But this
> also applies to any other arm32 boards which load fitImage in SPL, all
> of those boards are broken in U-Boot 2020.10.
>
> It seems that the end of the U-Boot image is at 4-byte aligned offset on
> arm32, and that is where the DT is also loaded ; but your patch forces
> the alignment to 8-bytes, so suddenly the DT location is 4-bytes off.

I think this needs some more investigation to figure out what's going
on and where the underlying bugs are.  This section of the code is where
U-Boot is saying it will copy the device tree to.  If we're using a
device tree in place that's NOT being copied (and someone else has
ensured 8 byte alignment of) we need to set the address of where the
device tree is, at that time.

--
Tom