On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 11:05:46 +0100
Peter Robinson <pbrobin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 10:03 AM Paul Barker
> <paul.bar...@sancloud.com> wrote:
> >
> > Configuration which is shared between the BeagleBone Black and
> > derivative boards like the Sancloud BeagleBone Enhanced (BBE) is
> > moved to a common dtsi file to prevent duplication.
>
> Are these being sent upstream to the linux kernel?

The upstream kernel already has am335x-boneblack-common.dtsi and
am335x-sancloud-bbe.dts files, since 2016 and 2018 respectively. As
these files fell out of sync over 4 years ago I've assumed there is no
need to keep them in sync. We could try to resync things but that would
lead to an unnecessary risk of breakage, I don't have every BeagleBone
Black derivative board on hand to fully test such a resync.

--
Paul Barker
Principal Software Engineer