Dear Stefano Babic,

In message <4cd035f7.9070...@denx.de> you wrote:

> > And then the calculation depends only on the current setting - which
> > is _not_ board dependent.
>
> Yes, calculation is not board dependent and must remain in lcd_setmem().
> What I meant as "board dependent" is really the LCD settings, in terms
> of display resolution and bits x pixel. The proposed wek function can
> set the panel_info structure, that lcd_setmem() uses for computation.

Why do we need a board dependent function for that? We can adjust the
setings by storing their value in an environment variable, say some-
thing like 800x600...@60hz or copying what Linux does with the "video-
mode=" boot argument (we already have drivers/video/videomodes.c).
That should be precise enough, and is completely bosrd-independent.

> > Boards would start with a (board dependent) default setting, though.
>
> Yes. What we need is a way to get the board default setting to allow
> lcd_setmem() to compute the required memory.

Let's re-use existing interfaces (especially if we then can pass the
very same variable as boot argument to Linux).

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: w...@denx.de
CONSUMER NOTICE:  Because  of  the  "Uncertainty  Principle,"  It  Is
Impossible  for  the  Consumer  to  Find  Out  at  the Same Time Both
Precisely Where This Product Is and How Fast It Is Moving.