On Mon, 12 Jun 2023 14:11:41 -0400
Tom Rini <tr...@konsulko.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 12, 2023 at 07:39:20PM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > On Monday 12 June 2023 11:22:12 Stefan Roese wrote:
> > > Hi Pali,
> > >
> > > (added Peng for PowerPC and Jaehoon for MMC to Cc)
> > >
> > > On 6/11/23 15:03, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > >
> > > <snip>

> > > This patch fails with multiple problems. Reason is, that it's very "old"
> > > and many of the Kconfig stuff was changed, which is of course not your
> > > fault. Still, I'm not in the right position to make these changes I'm
> > > afraid.
> > >
> > > Peng, this patch is now assigned to you in patchwork. Could you please
> > > also take a look? And if Pali (or someone else) sends an updated
> > > version, could you please make sure that it's reviewed (and applied if
> > > no issues arise) in due time?
> >
> > Updated version was already sent but again no response...
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/patch/20220817205622.26644-1-p...@kernel.org/
> >

> I was expecting Marek Behún to follow up and take this as he's the one
> that volunteered to take over one of the powerpc custodian trees and
> push this through.  I've replied now with more feedback.

Please also look at my reply at
  https://lists.denx.de/pipermail/u-boot/2023-June/520031.html

To recapitulate
- Pali worked on this over a year ago, he has done quite a lot of work
- it wasn't accepted at the time due to how some things changed in
  U-Boot - things regarding the conversion of CONFIG_ options, which
  Pali disagreed with since some of it was done in a wrong way. He
  wanted those changes to be reverted whole
- I promised Pali to work it out, once I had time to look into it. I
  expected to be able to do it in october / november. Unfortunately I
  wasn't able to, things have been quite hectic since then (I was
  working on my diploma thesis and afterwards when I returned to work,
  more pressing things took precedence)

Thus I quite understand why Pali is frustrated, since he has done the
work over a year ago. I am awfully sorry about this :-(

By no means I have forgotten about this. We at Turris still want to
work on this, since we are still interested in maintaining Turris 1.x.
We are currently in the process of hiring new kernel developers, and so
hopefully I will be able to work on this issue soon.

Marek