On 2023-12-09 21:34, Tom Rini wrote:
On Wed, Dec 06, 2023 at 04:24:43PM +0000, Andre Przywara wrote:
On Mon,  4 Dec 2023 00:59:52 +0000
Andre Przywara <andre.przyw...@arm.com> wrote:

Hi,

> Add support for the zBIT ZB25VQ128 (128M-bit) SPI NOR flash memory chip,
> as used on the Xunlong Orange Pi Zero 3 board.

does anyone have any objections against this patch? I wanted to take this
via the sunxi tree, as this blocks some board support patches.

IIUC Linux gave up on adding rather generic entries up for each and every
SPI NOR chip, if there is nothing special about them:
https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=773bbe1044
Should we follow suit here?

And we could then start trimming the table we do have as well, to
reclaim space?

In general, yes, but we'd also need to consume a bit more space with the additional auto-detection logic.