On 01/03/2024 18:25, Volodymyr Babchuk wrote:

> Hi Caleb,
>
> Caleb Connolly <caleb.conno...@linaro.org> writes:
>
>> On 29/02/2024 14:21, Volodymyr Babchuk wrote:
>>>
>>> This patch series adds support for Qualcomm SA8155-ADP development
>>> board. Main motivation for this series is to allow running
>>> virtualization software on this board and U-Boot is a good way to
>>> break Qualcomm's boot chain at EL2 with more convenient ways for
>>> uploading and running the code. With this patches applied it is
>>> possible to upload and run Xen on this board. KVM probably should work
>>> too.
>>
>> This is really cool! I've experimented with this on SDM845 and SM8250
>> but never really did anything with it... I'd love to take a look at your
>> Xen branch?
>
> Honestly, there is nothing to look at right now. I just implemented
> early printk serial driver for the qcom, made hacks to the device tree
> and trying to boot Dom0. I already expecting issues with the GPU,
> because it has own SMMU without virtualization support and Xen already
> complains about it. So I had to remove it from the DTS for a time being.

Hmm, I see. You'll also definitely start running into issues with the
DSPs and probably anything else that loads firmware. Qualcomm's
hypervisor seems to be involved in booting a lot of the peripherals. The
sc7180 Chromebook support is probably a good reference for how to do
this in Linux as they also run in EL2.

> Anyways, right now my Dom0 does not want to boot due to some issues with
> UFS. I suspect that some power domain or clock is disabled or some
> other bit of initialization is missing in the mainline Linux. And
> reason why bare Linux kernel have no issues with UFS is because
> aboot/xbl does proper UFS initialization, while in my case I am skipping
> the android bootloader completely...

Oh that's always fun...

> I'll publish my work when I'll get Dom0 running.

For sure, I'd love to try it out!

It's really exciting to know you're working on this :D

--
// Caleb (they/them)