From: Conor Dooley <conor.doo...@microchip.com>

This would have just been a single patch (the second one), but as I
reported a while back there's a problem with extension detection when
the ISA string exceeds 32 characters:
https://lore.kernel.org/u-boot/20240221-daycare-reliably-8ec86f95fe71@spud/
The first patch here fixes what I see as a bit of a misuse of
cpu_get_desc() in supports_extension() as a preparatory patch for adding
the new properties. Or more accurately, new property, as U-Boot barely
makes use of extension detection as-is in s-mode and only one of the two
new properties is even needed.

Maybe it's not a misuse, but I left a comment under the --- line on that
patch about the before/after for the RISC-V cpu's cpu_get_desc() and
maybe my approach here would not be appreciated.

Cheers,
Conor.

CC: Rick Chen <r...@andestech.com>
CC: Leo <ycli...@andestech.com>
CC: Tom Rini <tr...@konsulko.com>
CC: Conor Dooley <conor.doo...@microchip.com>
CC: Heinrich Schuchardt <xypron.g...@gmx.de>
CC: u-boot@lists.denx.de (open list)

Conor Dooley (2):
  riscv: don't read riscv,isa in the riscv cpu's get_desc()
  riscv: support extension probing using riscv,isa-extensions

 drivers/cpu/riscv_cpu.c |  8 +++---

2.43.0