On 24.03.24 16:00, Aurelien Jarno wrote:
On 2024-03-21 19:11, Heinrich Schuchardt wrote:
The differences between the Milk-V Mars board and the VisionFive 2 board
are small enough that we can support both using the same U-Boot build.

* The model and compatible property are taken from proposed Linux patches.
* The EEPROM is atmel,24c02 according to the vendor U-Boot.
* The second Ethernet port is not available.

 From the device tree that have been submitted to the kernel [1] it seems
another difference is that there is a CD gpio for mmc1.

Yes, the Mars board has

    cd-gpios = <&sysgpio 41 GPIO_ACTIVE_LOW>;

while the VisionFive 2 has

   broken-cd;

We could add the cd-gpios to the VF2 dts and then set broken-cd in spl_fdt_fixup_*().

What I would really like to understand from the reviewers is if the approach with patching the device-tree is what we are targeting for.

Or should we try to keep the device-trees in sync with Linux, package all JH7110 device-trees into the FIT image and in SPL choose the device-tree from the fit image and only patch the memory size.

The device-tree for the Milk-V CM module differs a lot in GPIO routing. I am not sure that patching the VF2 device-tree is future proof.

Best regards

Heinrich

 From the schematics, it also seems that the usb0 port is not in
peripheral mode, but in host mode. That said on the submitted kernel
device tree it seems simply disabled.

Aurelien

[1]
https://lore.kernel.org/linux-kernel/20240131132600.4067-2-jszh...@kernel.org/T/