On Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 01:57:36PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On Friday, September 09, 2011 01:28:15 PM Jason wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 08, 2011 at 10:30:01PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> > > This commit updates the mach-types based on the latest in Linus's head
> >
> > This is great, and I'm all for it (since I've been waiting to add
> > dreamplug, 3550).  However, vanilla Linus' HEAD [1] only goes up to
> > 3494...  Am I missing something?  Which tree do you pull from?
> >
> I generated it by hand from RMK's machine. It allows you to download latest
> version

afaict, rmk tree [2] (no git web that I can see) is also only up to
3494.  There is a vetting process to go from the raw database into the
tree.  After all, any idiot can fill in the form and create a new
mach-type.  Hell, I did ;-) .  RMK has recently expressed his
dissatisfaction with quality of some of entries in the database [3], so
I wouldn't copy it blindly.

I suspect you're going to have to trim this back to what is contained in
Linus' tree.  Which we do need to catch up to, btw.  We have up to 3338.

thx,

Jason.

[1]
https://github.com/torvalds/linux/blob/79016f648872549392d232cd648bd02298c2d2bb/arch/arm/tools/mach-types