On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 12:51 PM, Wolfgang Denk <w...@denx.de> wrote:
> Dear Tom Rini,
>
> In message
> <CA+M6bXnb5k6gA8kbqr0BQ+JLMVFXpzCT+g+dEXfJx307fYn=e...@mail.gmail.com> you
> wrote:
>>
>> > I object against opening this pandora box.
>> >
>> > If you have so ample resources to run such code, then load a minimal
>> > configuration of U-Boot.
>>
>> Is this a change of heart then?
>
> No - I never was happy about pulling arbitrary code into SPL.
>
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/109170
>
> I don't see how this is related?

If I follow you right, to my question of "How would a user make use of
'ROM loads next loader via USB' program?" your answer is "Have it load
a normal U-Boot that's minimally configured".  That link is TI saying
"we have split things up such that ROM loads U-Boot-Min (a minimally
configured U-Boot) which can then load a full U-Boot".  You NAK'd the
idea then.  Have you changed your mind?  If so, where are we going to
draw the demarcation between "OK for SPL" and "Must use a full U-Boot"
?

--
Tom