On 09/02/2012 06:13 PM, Marek Vasut wrote:
Dear Wolfgang Denk,

Dear Gerlando Falauto,

In message<1345803102-21110-1-git-send-email-gerlando.fala...@keymile.com>
you wrote:
This patchset modifies the handling of all the operations on the
environment (set/import/default) so to unify handling of special
variables.
On top of that we implement a selective "env default".

A selective "env import" would imply a user API change and should
therefore be discussed separately.

NOTE:
The entire patchset generates an increase in code size of about 1200
bytes on a PowerPC target.
As much as I would like to get rid of the set_default_vars() function in
env_common.c, I have not found a nice way to do so.

Changes in the syntax (user API):
- "env default" -f: override write-once variables, -a means all
- display a warning when trying to set to default variables not

   present in the default env.

Changes from v3:
- rebased to current trunk (was not compilable)
- removed compiler warnings
- added an independent cosmetic patch on top of the series (from which
only

   a later patch would actually benefit)

In which way are these changes related to the code I checked in for
testing into the "env" branch?

Is this patch series supposed to replace this stuff?

Yes, looks to me that way

Yes, as we (Holger and I) think it would make no sense to "patch the patch". But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you,
Gerlando