On 09/18/2012 01:48:09 PM, José Miguel Gonçalves wrote:
On 18-09-2012 19:30, Scott Wood wrote:
On 09/18/2012 01:22:58 PM, José Miguel Gonçalves wrote:
On 18-09-2012 19:02, Scott Wood wrote:
Please consider using the new SELF_INIT mechanism.

Can you explain and/or point_to_resources for what this means (I'm a U-Boot newbie)...

See CONFIG_SYS_NAND_SELF_INIT in doc/README.nand

I'd like the old way to be removed at some point.

From what I've seen there is an incompatibility between the SPL simple nand driver and the SELF_INIT mechanism. The nand_init() function in drivers/mtd/nand/nand_spl_simple.c calls board_nand_init() with a pointer to a struct nand_chip as an argument (the old way). This needs to be changed to be able to use that SPL driver. Can you give me an hint on the proper way to handle this?

Hmm... yes, this will need some work.  Go ahead and leave it for now.

-Scott