On Fri, May 22, 2026 at 09:10:34PM +0200, Marek Vasut wrote:
> On 5/22/26 11:37 AM, Quentin Schulz wrote:
> 
> Hello Quentin,
> 
> > Note:
> > 
> > """
> >          N: Files and directories with regex patterns.
> > [...]
> >             scripts/get_maintainer.pl has different behavior for files that
> >             match F: pattern and matches of N: patterns.  By default,
> >             get_maintainer will not look at git log history when an F:
> > pattern
> >             match occurs.  When an N: match occurs, git log history is used
> >             to also notify the people that have git commit signatures.
> > """
> > 
> > So more people may be added in Cc by get_maintainer.pl? I'm not sure
> > it's a bad thing, but it may surprise people.
> 
> TIL, I did not know that either.
> 
> I think it is up to Janne/Mark to decide whether they want this patch or
> not.

Yes, Janne and Mark, do you want this? Thanks!

-- 
Tom

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to