Hey all,

So it's release day and I have tagged and pushed things out and I will
pull in the next branch shortly.

The next infrastructure change (and this is also a change from
v2026.10-rc5, in small ways) is that our release archives are available
at
https://git.u-boot-project.org/u-boot/u-boot/-/releases/<tag>/downloads/u-boot-<tag
without leading v>.tar.bz2 which matches our historical naming scheme.
And the release itself can be found at
https://git.u-boot-project.org/u-boot/u-boot/-/releases/<tag> so
https://git.u-boot-project.org/u-boot/u-boot/-/releases/v2026.10 for
example this time. The change from the rc's to now is that the openwrt
folks let me know I had gotten a few things wrong in the migration
there, and I've corrected them over the weekend, and populated virtually
all of the old releases.

We're continuing with a community meeting following the release and the
calendar link is
https://calendar.google.com/calendar/event?action=TEMPLATE&tmeid=MHYzYzQ1dWh2bnRjcm80czVmcDczYmhsNThfMjAyNjAxMjdUMTUwMDAwWiA4OWJlN2I4MTMxMzZiZWMwNmE4M2RlNGRhNTk3NDVmMGFiZDExYzFiODM2MDYxYWUwNmMxYzdkYmNkMThkZjQxQGc&tmsrc=89be7b813136bec06a83de4da59745f0abd11c1b836061ae06c1c7dbcd18df41%40group.calendar.google.com&scp=ALL
and once again this is the same time as the previous meeting. The
meeting details itself are:
https://meet.google.com/yyx-dsaj-iwr
October 6th, 2026. 9am (GMT -06:00)

To join by phone:
https://meet.google.com/tel/yyx-dsaj-iwr?pin=7760044274127&hs=1

In terms of a rough changelog for the whole release:

- A number of platform updates and additions.
- Almost all of our main subsystems had specific pull requests with
  important bug fixes or additions, mentioned in their respective merge
  commits.
- A number of code cleanups and robustness improvements in both various
  commands as well as FIT image handling and verification.
  - A specific update here is that FIT images can authenticate a
    dm-verity roothash.
  - Another is a fix for the spurious ERROR messages when booting on
    some platforms, with respect to reserved memory areas. If you're
    still seeing this regression please reach out.

I'll be releasing v2027.01-rc1 on Monday, October 26th 2026.

Thanks all!

-- 
Tom

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to