Thanks Wally,  I've been wondering about this for YEARS!

-----Original Message-----
From: Wally Terhune [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 11:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: {Virus?} Re: [U2] AE error

Warning: This message has had one or more attachments removed
Warning: (graycol.gif, pic07209.gif, ecblank.gif).
Warning: Please read the "VirusWarning.txt" attachment(s) for more
information.

Check your VOC pointers and the physical directory or file they resolve to
for AE_COMS and AE_SCRATCH.
IIRC, AE_COMS is the culprit for this particular message.

Wally Terhune
Manager - U2 Advanced Technical Services
IBM DB2 Information Management Software
Tel: 303.294.4866             Fax: 303.294.4832
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

www.ibm.com/software/data/u2/support - Open, Query, Update, Search -
Online!

Don't miss out on the IBM DB2 Information Management Technical Conference
September 19-24, 2004 - Las Vegas, NV

             "Less, Mirwaan
             (MIRW)"
             <[EMAIL PROTECTED]                                          To
             aco.com>                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
             stserver.u2ug.org                                     Subject
                                       [U2] AE error

             05/04/2004 07:09
             AM

             Please respond to
                 u2-users

Hi

Does anyone know what the following error is and how it can be fixed:

In /usr/ud/sys/CTLG/a/AE at line 1181 File is readonly, permission
denied
In /usr/ud/sys/CTLG/a/AE at line 1181 Fatal error: WRITE error

We upgraded from AIX 4.3.2 to AIX 4.3.3 and Unidata 4.1.24 to Unidata
5.2.21 and after that I'm expierencing the above error. I can still edit
programs as per normal, just the message that I don't like. We cannot
find AE_DOC anywhere on the system.

Regards,
Mirwaan
http://www.u2ug.org/listinfo/u2-users
This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
The original e-mail attachment "graycol.gif"
is on the list of unacceptable attachments for this site and has been
replaced by this warning message.

If you wish to receive a copy of the original attachment, please
e-mail helpdesk and include the whole of this message
in your request. Alternatively, you can call them, with
the contents of this message to hand when you call.

Note to Help Desk: Look on the MailScanner in
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20040504 (message i44FwPP23219).
--
Postmaster
This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
is on the list of unacceptable attachments for this site and has been
replaced by this warning message.

If you wish to receive a copy of the original attachment, please
e-mail helpdesk and include the whole of this message
in your request. Alternatively, you can call them, with
the contents of this message to hand when you call.

Note to Help Desk: Look on the MailScanner in
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20040504 (message i44FwPP23219).
--
Postmaster
This is a message from the MailScanner E-Mail Virus Protection Service
The original e-mail attachment "ecblank.gif"