Thanks bob, but I was hopping for a UV solution or UV explanation.

I have also encountered another problem with producing XML within the UV
environment. I have produced an xmlMapping record, which describes the
document output. BUT, the problem is when producing the XML via retrieve;

LIST filename '1' CLIENTID INTERFACE TRANSACTIONTYPE TOTALAMOUNT CURRENCY
CARDDATA COMMENT TOXML ELEMENTS XMLMAPPING filename.map (I

I get the following message:

        fatal: too many association (0) involved in XMLOUT.

Now this only comes about when I specify seven (7) or more fields in my
retrieve statement.

Does this mean UV has a limitation?
Has anyone produced XML within the UV environment (program or retrieve)?
Am I missing something here?
We're running universe 10.0.14 on AIX.

I'm starting to believe that UV cannot do what it says it can do...

Regards,
Jeff Marcos
BIS - Corporate Express Aust. Ltd